Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Partner Silvia Sandu is a leading healthcare and pharmaceuticals lawyer, having assisted a host of multinationals with their Romanian operations for a number of years.
Her experience includes:
- Advising a global healthcare company with a range of tax, employment, pricing and reimbursement issues related to their Romanian businesses including marketing of pharmaceutical products, clinical trials and promotions. We also represented the client in public debates regarding Romanian healthcare law and advised on the drafting of regulations published by relevant government departments.
- Advising a major life sciences company, and a leader in healthcare and agriculture, on a wide range of pharma issues related to their Romanian businesses incuding pricing, clinical trials and promotions.
- Advising a global, research-driven pharmaceutical company on health technology assessment matters and the potential for being reimbursed for a new medicinal product. We also assisted the client with the overhaul of its data privacy regime including the drafting of new policies, implementation of remedial actions, and notification of the Romanian Data Protection Authority.
- Assisting one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world with the pricing and reimbursement aspects of products marketed in Romania.
- Advising a global pharmaceutical group on pricing and reimbursement matters, parallel import issues and health technology assessment matters. We also represented our client in ongoing public debates regarding Romanian healthcare law, and advised on draft regulations published by government departments such as the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Public Finance.
- Advising the Romanian affiliate of a major American pharma on compliance with local regulations for the distribution of medicinal products.