This Cookies Policy explains how and why SCA Bohalteanu &Asociatii (“BSMP” or “We”) uses on its website cookies and similar technologies and has been adopted by BSMP in accordance with the following laws andregulations:
- EU Directive2002/58/EC concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector (Directive on privacy and electronic communications);
- Law no. 506/2004 on the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector, as amended by Law no. 235/2015 (“Law no. 506/2004”);
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”), as well as other applicable regulations at the European or local level, adopted in the context of GDPR.
- What are cookies and similar technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer, tablet or mobile device (the “Device”) when you visit the BSMP’s website. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to ourwebsite or browse from one page to another, as well as to improve your experience on BSMP’s website, to the extent you agree. These allows our website to recognize your device from those of other users of the website. The other tracking technologies used by BSMP work similarly to cookies and place small data files on your Device or monitor your website activity to enable us to collect information about how you use our website. Where we refer to cookies, we mean cookies or similar technologies.
- What are the different types of cookies?
Out of different types of cookies which may be used, our website only uses first party cookies that are also persistent cookies.
First party cookies are cookies that belong to BSMP and that BSMP places on your Device.
Persistent cookies are saved on your device for a fix period of time after you close your browser and are used where we need to identify you for a later browsing session. We use persistent cookies to improve your experience of using our website. This includes recording your acceptance to our Cookies Policy to remove the cookie message which first appears when you use our website. Persistent cookies also include first party cookies that can be used anonymously to save the interests of users, in order to deliver personalized adverts to users;
For the avoidance of doubts, we stress that our website does not use third party cookies.
- How long will cookies be stored on your computer?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your Device may vary significantly from 1 minute to 2 years. See also the section 8 on how to control cookies for more information on removing them before they expire.
- What type of information are stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies store information in small text file that allows the website to recognize the browser. The webserver will recognize the browser until the cookie expires or is erased.
Cookies store important information that enhance the navigation experience on the Internet.
BSMP’s website uses first party cookies, from Google Analytics and Cloudflare. These cookies are used (i) to gather statistical information about the usage of the website in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to understand how visitors use the website, and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the website and (ii)to identify trusted web traffic.
- What cookies do we use?
Essential or strictly necessarycookies are essential for the running of our website. Without these cookies, parts of our website do not operate correctly. These cookies do not track where you have been on the internet and do not remember preferences beyond your current visit and do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes. Accordingly, we are not asking you for your specific consent for those cookies. For all other cookies, your informed consent is required.
Statistical cookiesallowus to customize this website to visitor requirements. We also measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed, what visitors do on the site and how often they return to it. Our websiteuses Google Analytics for statistical purposes. However, your IP address has been abbreviated to guarantee your anonymity. We use these data to compile traffic analysis statistics that can be used to improve the site on the basis of the success of a particular page.
The table below contains a list of different type of cookies that may be used on our website, together with information regarding the storage period for each type of cookie used, their type and their source (if they are first or third party):
Name of cookie
Is it necessary?
Who controls the information?
First party (Google Analytics)
No (for statistics only)
First party (Google Analytics)
No (for statistics only)
First party (Google Analytics)
No (for statistics only)
- Why are cookies important for the internet?
Cookies are the central focus of the Internet’s efficient operation, helping to generate a friendly browsing experience and tailored to the preferences and interests of each user. Denying or disabling cookies can make some sites impossible to use.
Denying or disabling cookies does not mean you will not receive online advertising – but only that it will no longer be able to keep track of your preferences and interests highlighted by your browsing behavior.
Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require authentication of a user through an account):
- Offers tailored to users’ interests – password retention, language preferences (e.g., display of Romanian search results);
- Provide more relevant advertising for the user;
- Measurement, optimization, and analytics features – such as confirming a certain level of traffic on a website, what type of content is viewed, and how a user reaches a website (examples – through search engines, directly from other websites, etc.).
Websites run these analyzes of their use to improve sites for the benefit of users.
- How can you manage or opt out of cookies?
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. You can set your browser to accept or reject all, or certain, cookies. If you accept the use of all cookies, it will allow you to use all the functions of the website, without restrictions, but please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies it can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
For details on what your browser offers and how to configure your browser according to your choices, please go to the “Help” menu or other dedicated section of your internet browser. By way of example:
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/en/saving-time/blocking-content/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/9.22/en/cookies.html
- Security issues
For security purposes, data passed between the web server and the browser in SSL encrypted and therefore, BSMP has implemented specific measures for protecting your personal data stored in cookies.
Cookies are installed through the request issued by a webserver to a browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc.) and are completely passive – they do not contain software programs, viruses, spyware and cannot access the information stored on the user’s hard drive.Cookies do dot consist of pieces of code, so they cannot be executed, nor can auto-execute.
Cookies can still be used for negative purposes. Since they store information about your preferences and browsing history of users, both on a particular site and several other sites, cookies can be used as a form of Spyware.
Because through cookies information is constantly being sent between the browser and the website, in both ways, if an unauthorized person intercepts the flow of data, the information stored in cookies can be intercepted. Although rare, this can happen if the browser connects to the server through an unencrypted network (for example, an unsecured WiFi connection).
Other attacks based on cookies imply incorrect cookies settings on servers. If a website does not require the browser to use only encrypted channels, unauthorized persons can use this vulnerability in order to deceive the browser in order to send information through unsecured channels. The information is then used by the unauthorized persons for purposes to access various websites.
It is important to be aware in choosing the best method for protecting your personal information.
Generally, browsers have integrated privacy settings that provide different levels of acceptance of cookies, validity and automatically deleted after the user visited a particular site.
Here are some tips that can help you navigate effortlessly with cookies:
- Customize your cookie browser settings to reflect a comfortable level for your cookie security;
- If you share the computer access with another person, you can consider setting your browser to delete individual browsing data each time you close your browser. This is a way to access sites that place cookies and delete any visitor information when you close the browsing session;
- Install and constantly update your anti-spyware applications;
- Many of the applications for detecting and preventing spyware include detecting attacks on sites. This prevents the browser from accessing websites that could exploit browser vulnerabilities or download dangerous software;
- Make sure your browser is always up-to-date. Many of the cookies-based attacks are exploited by exploiting the weaknesses of older browser versions.
- Further information and contact details
This website is owned and operated by BSMP.
We are registered in Romania under registration number, and our registered office is at Magheru One Building, 1-3 Magheru Blvd, 5th floor, District 1, postal code 010321, Bucharest, Romania.
Please contact BSMP if you would like more information on the cookies that we use and their purposes:
e-mail: [email protected]
- Amendments to this Cookies Policy
BSMP reserves the right to amend the Cookies Policy when it is required by the provisions of law or by changes introduced to the website. BSMP shall inform you on the changes and the date on which they become effective, in particular, by publishing a notification on our website.