BANKING & FINANCE
Led by Daniela Milculescu, our banking and finance practice is one of the premier offerings in Bucharest. On the lender-side our experience has few equals in the market with a client roster which includes some of the largest banks operating in the region.
Our expertise covers the full spectrum of the banking and finance space from big-ticket syndicated loans, acquisition finance and restructuring, to the feasibility of new banking products, asset finance and regulatory advice.
Please see below for recent illustrations of our market-leading capabilities:
- We advised one of the largest banks in Europe in connection with a €2m facility granted to the local subsidiary of a European real estate development group. This was a challenging mandate with several complex Romanian law–governed components. Our advice covered issues of Romanian law relating to the facility agreement; the preparation of a set of security documents; and drafting a legal opinion on the validity and enforceability of the security package and the capacity of the borrower.
- We assisted the Romanian branch of one of the largest Dutch financial institutions with its implementation of a major consumer finance project.
- Our team advised a major Austrian bank on a multimillion-euro, cross-border facility granted to a European real estate group for refinancing the acquisition costs of a building in Bucharest. This multi-faceted mandate included advising on the facility agreement, drafting a due diligence report on ownership title and drafting a legal opinion on the capacity of the borrower.
- One of the largest financial institutions in central and eastern Europe chose our team to advise on the amendment of existing security documentation related to a credit facility granted for an important office building.
- In a major borrower-side mandate, we advised one of the most important Romanian producers of building materials on the highly complex restructuring of a €30m facility.
- We were chosen by a major German bank to advise on its obtainment of a credit facility for the development and eventual completion of a project.
- We advised an important FMCG sector player on various facilities granted by a major Romanian bank.