Employment & Immigration
Our employment client roster is comprised almost entirely of multinationals, for whom we have achieved success in a huge range of matters from cross-border redundancies and unfair dismissal claims to resolution of non-compete and high-level confidentiality issues.
Practice head Silvia Sandu also has some of the foremost life sciences sector expertise in the market, as demonstrated below.
Recent mandates include:
- Assisting a global healthcare company with myriad high-level employment issues. These included drafting the employment agreement for a senior management position; non-compete and confidentiality matters subsequent to the termination of senior and middle management employment contract; and advice on other related matters.
- Advising a global pharmaceutical group on the termination of employment contracts.
- Advising one of the largest consumer products companies in the world on restructuring and employer liability issues.
- Advising a major global financial institution on the creation of an internal employee appraisal procedure, and on employment contract penalty and claw-back clauses.
- Advising the investment banking and brokerage arm of the National Bank of Greece Group on all aspects of their day-to-day employment requirements.
- Assisting the subsidiary of one of the biggest power sector players in Europe in connection to a wide range of day-to-day employment matters, including review of individual employment agreements and drafting of internal regulations.
- Advising a major European recruitment agency on the tax implications of relocating Romanian workers to EU member states;
- Advising a major player in the industrial services field in a highly complex claim for unfair dismissal by a former employee who invoked elements of EU law in connection to their secondment abroad.
- Assisting a global leader in its field with employee hire and occupational safety issues.
- Advising a launch-to-market software company on review of individual employment agreements and the registration of said agreements with the relevant authorities.