Privacy & Data Protection
Partner Silvia Sandu is one of the foremost privacy and data protection experts in Bucharest, amply demonstrated by the experience detailed below.
- Advising a global financial institution on its analysis of the potential implications of using external data to assess the credit risk profile of customers.
- Advising a leading Romanian bank on its exploration of to using external data – such as digital footprint, google and other social media – to assess the credit risk profile of customers.
- Assisting one of the world’s leading e-commerce companies with the transfer of personal data (including also sensitive personal data) and submissions to the Romanian Data Protection Authority.
- Assisting the market leader in enterprise application software with the processing of personal data by its Romanian subsidiary.
- Advising one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies on the processing of personal data related to clinical trials.
- Counselling a global R&D-driven pharmaceutical company on the processing of personal data by its Romanian subsidiary. Our far-reaching advice included review of an intra-group data transfer agreement and in-depth analysis to ensure compliance with local privacy laws.
- Assisting the Romanian subsidiary of one of the world’s largest consumer products companies with a range of data protection and privacy issues, including those related to recruitment.
- Advising an American agriculture company on revision of data processing and transfer agreements as well as sundry other issues such as: the centralization of human resource functions and the implementation of IT systems; the centralization of customer and supplier management functions; and compliance with certain local data protection laws.
- Advising a global healthcare company on a range of data protection matters including those related to clinical and non-interventional trial agreements with healthcare professionals and organisations.
- Advising a leading international energy company on the potential impact of domestic cloud computing data protection legislation.
- Advising the Romanian affiliates of an international leader in medical and safety technology on data protection issues related to whistleblowing schemes.