The firm’s energy expertise is market leading and it is one of our core sector focuses. We have acted for a raft of multinational companies in some of the most important inbound Romanian energy transactions.
Our diverse sector experience has seen us leading on major oil and gas, power and renewables projects, as well as in developing, niche fields such as mini hydro power plants and solar technology. We are able to assist our energy clients with the full life-span of a project from inception to completion, and with post-completion issues including disputes.
Led by Ionut Bohalteanu, please see below for a summary of our team’s first-class recent experience:
- We represented the Romanian subsidiary of one of Europe’s largest power sector players in a dispute with one of the largest Romania electricity producers in Romania related to the performance of electricity sale purchase agreements.
- We advised a leading Chinese solar power company on its purchase of the SPV share capital of a Romanian energy company in one of the most important transactions
- We advised one of the most important players in the generation and distribution of energy and one of the leaders in the development of renewables on various issues related to the post-privatization obligations of one a subsidiary of a major Romanian electricity supplier.
- In one of the most important recent Romanian capital markets instructions, we assisted a multinational bank with the share capital increase of one of the largest Romanian electricity producers.
- We advised a Czech developer of two photovoltaic parks on its sale of 100% of SPV share capital to a US based investment fund. This included obtaining the necessary green and electricity regulatory licenses the transaction required.
- We advised the developers of two micro hydro power plants on their proposed purchase by two of the largest strategic investors in Romanian electricity generation.
- Advising the leading broker in the Romanian stock market on the share capital increase of a top nuclear producer in Romania through government subsidies. Our assistance included drafting the offer prospectus and addressing various regulatory matters, including state aid issues.
- We assisted a leading Romanian recycling industry player with its obtainment of green certificates and its take-over of electricity agreements. The assistance included an assessment of the regulatory framework applicable to electricity producers as well as in-depth analysis of the agreements concluded by our client with suppliers and distributors.
- Advising the Romanian Transmission and System Operator (TSO), which plays a key role in the Romanian electricity market, on its share capital increase by contribution in kind. Our advice included assessment of the regulatory framework and drafting an opinion on the required amount of the increase.