Our dispute resolution practice, led by Gabriela Mina, is steadily carving a reputation as one of the most sought after teams in Bucharest through a string of high-profile successes for international clients and a caseload which includes some of the most high-profile domestic disputes.
The team’s recent cases include:
- Acting for a global healthcare company in a number of disputes with the National Health Insurance House and the National Agency for Fiscal Administration. These disputes straddle the public and private spheres involving complex issues of health insurance and state contributions by pharmaceutical companies.
- Representing the Romanian subsidiary of one of the biggest power sector players in Europe in a case related to performance of an energy sale and purchase agreement.
- Representing an important Romanian territorial and administrative division in arbitration proceedings before the Bucharest International Court of Arbitration in relation to claims under a contract for major road works.
- Defending the Romanian subsidiary of a major international engineering company against a claim for unfair dismissal by a former employee. The mandate included the challenge of certain aspects of EU law invoked by the former employee.
- Representing a major bottled water industry player in its material and moral pecuniary claims against the National Authority for Consumer Protection.
- Acting for a major bottled water industry player in much-reported court proceedings where we sought to avoid the bankruptcy of one of Romania’s largest football clubs.