Capital Markets & Securities
Capital markets is one of our firm’s core practice areas.
Some of the biggest banks and companies operating in Romania have turned our team, led by Ionut Bohalteanu and Daniela Milculescu.
Indeed, we count the Bucharest Stock Exchange itself as one of our clients in an ample demonstration of the high esteem in which our capital markets expertise is held. Equally proficient acting for banks, companies or international investment funds, our lawyers provide clients with one of the most adept offerings available in the market.
- Assisting a multinational bank on the share capital increase of one of the largest electricity producers in Romania in one of the most prestigious recent Romanian capital markets instructions.
- Assisting Romania’s largest brokerage company with the transfer of two members of one of the largest pharmaceutical groups in Romania to AeRO, the new alternative trading system implemented by the Bucharest Stock Exchange.
- Advising a major Romanian real estate developer on multiple mandates, two of which had an aggregate value of €50m. We guided the company to its successful closure of a €20m share capital increase in July 2014, and structured a €30m non-convertible corporate bonds issuance. In addition we advised it on the implementation of new corporate governance regulations enforced by the Bucharest Stock Exchange.
- Assisting the Bucharest Stock Exchange with corporate governance issues related to shareholder meetings and articles of association.
- Advising one of the most important Romanian producers of building materials on multiple projects including a cash capital increase by conversion of debts, and the implementation of new Bucharest Stock Exchange corporate governance rules.
- Advising the investment banking and brokerage arm of the National Bank of Greece Group on various capital markets regulatory issues in relation to retail and institutional clients.
- Advising one of the largest electricity producers in Romania on its capital increase by cash contribution and debt-swap, including revision of the prospectus for the share capital increase.
- Advising a Luxembourg-based investment fund on a wide range of capital markets issues concerning its interests in various Romanian companies listed on the regulated market.