Mergers & Acquisitions/ Privatization
BSMP has acted in some of the most important inbound Romanian transactions for international clients as well as in some of the most important domestic deals. Equally efficient on the buy or sell-side, our experience includes negotiating mergers, demergers and joint ventures with particularly robust expertise in the regulated sectors, particularly energy, where our knowledge of the complicated Romanian regulatory regimes comes into its known.
The firm has also acted in the privatization of some of the most important Romanian companies with partner Ionut Bohalteanu being a recognized leader in the field.
Our experience includes:
- Advising one of the most important Romanian ministries on the share capital increase of the largest oil and gas group in Southeastern Europe.
- Advising one of the leading Chinese solar power companies on the acquisition of a Romanian energy player.
- Advising a leading Romanian FMCG company on its successful acquisition of a majority stake in the oldest football club in Romania.
- Advising a Romanian facilities company on the establishment of a new thermal greenhouse business. Cost of phase one of the project was estimated to be €18m.
- Assisting a leading Romanian food retailer with its acquisition of a competitor in the FMCG industry.