The highly regarded international experience of partners Ionut Bohalteanu and Daniela Milculescu, co-heads of the corporate and commercial department, make our firm a natural choice for any company with business interests in Romania. Our sector experience is vast, covering multiple areas from high-end energy instructions for European and Chinese multinationals, to major Romanian mandates in the FMCG, real estate and technology sectors among others. Our work is most often very high-value in nature, particularly by Romanian standards, and we have acted on transactions up to €50m.
We assist our clients with all aspects of corporate and commercial, as demonstrated below.
- Our team advised a local leading company specialized in investment in innovation on its share capital increase, general manager appointment and asset acquisition.
- We advised the biggest Japanese outsourcing company on its incorporation of a subsidiary in Romania and all matters related to the set-up in Romania.
- We advised one of the largest energy companies in Europe with respect to shareholders’ information rights in its Romanian subsidiary.
- A French software company chose us to assist with its set-up of the local presence in Romania and related matters.
- We assisted a Romanian real estate player with a wide range of corporate matters including a share capital increase, change of directors and share transfer.
- One of the most important Romanian producers of building materials asked for our assistance in a wide range of corporate and commercial mandates. These included a share capital increase by cash contribution and debt-to-equity swap; advising the Board of Directors and General Assembly on various corporate matters; amending the board of directors’ internal regulations.
- We advised a leading Romanian company operating in the meat industry on the liquidation of various entities it previously owned and on its acquisition of a Romanian competitor.
- We assisted a leading global company active in consumer healthcare products on various promotions conducted on the Romanian market in relation to its products, as well as with respect to advertising rules according to Romanian law.