Competition & State Aid
Competition is a strongly developing practice at the firm, and one in which we are carving a robust reputation for high-level advice to international clients on issues of crucial importance to their operations.
Our sector expertise is vast including, among others, the FMCG, software and pharma industries. Our experience is equally wide-ranging covering competition issues as diverse as identification of risk, assistance during investigations by the competition authorities, applications for state aid schemes and training on competition matters (including simulated dawn raids).
Illustrations of the calibre of our practice include:
- Advising a global healthcare company on competition issues related to its Romanian businesses, including a long-running inquiry into the pharmaceutical sector conducted by Romanian Competition Council. We also advised on the legal feasibility, from a competition standpoint, of our client’s proposed business models.
- Assisting a UK software company with its application for a state aid scheme to promote regional development.
- Advising the Romanian entity of an American global consumer products company on various competition issues related to its wholesalers.
- Counselling various important producers of decorative lacquers and paints during an investigation carried out by the Competition Council into territorial pricing and distribution.
- Multiple mandates during a sector investigation into the Romanian natural gas market.