Our team provides innovative solutions to real estate issues for overseas and domestic clients alike. Able to assist with every stage of a property deal, there are strong synergies between our real estate, corporate and banking and finance practices.
Our comprehensive knowledge of the Romanian property market has served our clients well and we are natural choice for any company in possession of, or seeking to acquire, real estate assets in the country.
Our track record includes:
- Advising one of the most important Austrian banks on various multimillion-euro facilities granted to the local subsidiaries of a European real estate development group for the acquisition of a real estate asset and refinancing the acquisition costs of an important Bucharest office building.
- Advising an important Romanian real estate developer on the transfer of the electricity distribution network of two residential complexes to one of the main electricity distributors.
- Advising one of the leading private wealth management banks in Central and Eastern Europe on the amendment of security documentation related to a credit facility granted for an office building.
- Advising a leading Romanian food retailer on its acquisition of two real estate assets.
- Advising the leading broker in the Romanian stock market on the terms and conditions of a lease agreement with an important Greek bank.
- Advising the Romanian subsidiary of a global leader in its field on the review of a lease agreement and various other issues related to the premises, such as a services supply agreement.
- Assisting a leading Romanian producer of building materials with sale of an important asset, including drafting of the pre-sale purchase agreement.
- Advising S+B Gruppe, a reputed Austrian real estate group active in the real estate field, in connection with the successful acquisition of several land plots in the centre of Bucharest, during a complex acquisition process, in view of developing a mixt project; legal advice included the conduct of a thorough due diligence exercise and legal assistance on a complex transaction structuring involving also the acquisition of NPLs;
- Advising Enel Romania, a multinational distributor of electricity and gas and a leading operator in the power and gas markets of Europe and Latin America, in connection to the conclusion of two complex lease agreements for a building located in the center of Bucharest.
- Advising Enel S.p.A. in connection to an in-depth real estate due diligence exercise performed post privatization with a view to clarify the legal status of the lands held by its relevant subsidiaries for which ownership titles were granted or to be granted, as well as on the potential risks and related remedies.
- Advising Impact Developer & Contractor SA, an important Romanian real estate developer, in connection to various real estate issues concerning a strategic land plot situated in Bucharest.
- Advising UniCredit Bank Austria AG on a multi-million Euro cross-border facility granted to the local subsidiary of a European real estate group, for the refinancing the acquisition of a building in the centre of Bucharest. We assisted the client inter alia with preparing a title due-diligence report with respect to the re-financed real estate and a complex set of security documents governed by Romanian law, as well as drafting a legal opinion on the validity and enforceability of the security package and on the capacity of the borrower.
- Advising S+B Gruppe, a reputed Austrian real estate group active in the real estate field, in connection with an in-depth real estate due diligence exercise performed for the potential acquisition of a historical land plot in the centre of Bucharest.
- Advising Ascentist Imobiliare, a Romanian real estate developer, in connection to the acquisition of the majority stake in Bricks & Brains Imobiliare SRL, in view of developing a residential project on the land owned by the latter.
- Advising and representing Maramures County Council in a complex arbitration case file before the Arbitration Court affiliated to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania, in relation to the constructor’s claims regarding the performance of the agreement for carrying out the execution of infrastructure construction works;
- Advising Erste Group Bank, one of the largest financial institutions in central and eastern Europe, in connection with various multi-million Euro financings for the acquisition/refinancing of real estate office buildings, including preparation of the relevant real estate security documentation and providing a legal opinion on the validity and enforceability of the amended credit facility and on related security documentation.
- Advising Butlers Walsall, a UK based real estate developer, in the transaction for the acquisition of a 60,000 sq.m. land plot located in a top residential area of Bucharest. We further assisted the client with the negotiation and conclusion of the contractor agreement for the development of a major residential project on the respective land plot;
- Advising and representing before the court for Municipiul Campia Turzii in a dispute with a major commercial entity regarding a sale and purchase agreement for land earmarked for industrial development;
- Advising the real estate arm companies of Christian Tour Group in connection to various projects for acquisition or joint venture projects for land plots located in Bucharest for developing residential projects, as well as with respect to the lease agreements to be concluded by Christian Tour with commercial centers in Romania.
- Advising Cemacon SA, a Romanian producer of construction materials listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange, in connection to concluding a real estate transaction, including drafting and amending the pre-sale agreement, other necessary documents in this respect and consultancy during the negotiations between the parties.
- Advising Bucharest Stock Exchange in connection to the terms and conditions of the lease agreement.
- Advising Ion Mos SRL, a Romanian company active on the spices and ingredients production market, in connection to the acquisition of two real estates. Legal assistance included drafting the sale-purchase agreement and other ancillary documents necessary for the transaction and legal consultancy during negotiations between the parties.
- Advising Saphir Management & Investments SRL, a Romanian company activating on the real estate market, in connection to preparing and negotiating various new reservation agreements and bilateral sale-purchase agreements with respect to the immovables to be developed by the company located in the north area of Bucharest.