Restructuring, bankruptcy, insolvency or financial distress are major threats to a business, that turn the specialist legal advice into a key guidance in the corporate decision-making process, both in anticipation of such threats or subsequent to the occurrence thereof in dealing with the related consequences.
With an in-depth understanding of businesses in various sectors and close cooperation with our lawyers specialised in other relevant areas, BSMP team ensure the seamlessly integrated legal services, providing best tailored solutions on a wide range of restructuring and insolvency matters, both contentious and non-contentious, such as conducting due-diligence exercises on troubled companies, preparing strategic plans, implementing bespoke arrangements, assisting the clients during all phases of judicial reorganization and bankruptcy proceedings, liquidation or business transfer.
- Advising a Romanian central authority in the voluntary liquidation of one of the largest producers of heat and electricity in Romania
- Advising various subsidiaries of multinational financial institutions in various insolvency and foreclosure proceedings against their debtors, for the recovery of debts exceeding EUR 33 mln.
- Advising a Romanian company active in the water industry on various insolvency issues pertaining to the acquisition of one of the oldest Romanian football club in insolvency proceedings, as well as on post-acquisition insolvency related matters
- Advising the leading global manufacturer of audio, video, communications and information technology in connection with restructuring of its activities in Romania following the cross border merger between two of its subsidiaries
- Advising the local subsidiary of a multinational reputed real estate developer, during the insolvency proceedings
- Assisting a foreign investor in the acquisition via cross border financing and restructuring of three insolvent rolling stock companies in Romania
- Advising a regional electricity player in defending its rights deriving from and in connection with insolvency of Romania’s largest hydro-energy production